2020 Harvest Shares: Dates & Prices
We bring certified organic produce right from our farm to Squamish and Pemberton for you from June to November!
***EARLY BIRD OFFER: Save $25 when you sign up by December 15th!***
Just choose the Harvest Share that works for you…
- “Starter Share” (average 5-8 items/week; perfect for 1 person or 2 people who are new to farm-fresh cooking–$27/week)
- “Farm Share” (average 7-12 items/week ; perfect for households of 2-4 people–$39/week)
Squamish – “Market Style” — Wednesdays at A-FRAME Brewing 3-5:30pm…This is our classic Squamish share that we recommend! Take a few minutes to pack your own share and swap out items if you’d like.
- Squamish – “Boxed Share” — Wednesdays at A-FRAME Brewing 5-7pm…Quick and convenient later time slot, we pre-pack your box so you just grab it and go
- Pemberton – “Boxed Share” — Fridays 3-6:30pm at the Pemberton Farmers Market in the community barn downtown
- The Full Season for 2020 runs from July 1st to November 4th…that’s 19 weeks of the best and the freshest veggies we can possibly grow!
- Based on feedback from past years, we split it into two parts…
- Summer– 5 bi-weekly pickups (10 weeks of veggies as a double-share every second week) from July 1 to Aug 26th
- Autumn– 9 weekly pickups from Sept 9-Nov 4th (9 weeks of veggies)
- You can theoretically sign up for only Summer or only Autumn if you will be out of town for a few months of the year; however we highly recommend doing the full season for best value and variety!
- Farm Share– Full Season $750 (or $390 for Summer/Autumn only)
- Starter Share– Full Season $520 (or $270 for Summer/Autumn only)
- Want to start earlier? ADD ON: Spring Greens Season $75 –an additional 3 pickups in the early season, in the weeks of June 10th, 17th and 24th.
- *Dates listed correspond to the Squamish Wednesday pickups; Pemberton pickuos are the Friday of the same week.
In case you're wondering...
If you’ve got lots of time to improvise in the kitchen and can whip up great meals with any vegetable at the drop of a hat, that’s nice for you. Your farmers would love a dinner invite sometime.
For the rest of us who can barely make toast some days, your CSA membership includes:
-A pre-pickup reminder and Harvest List so you know what’s headed from the field to your fridge that week
-Recipes and new veggie ideas
-Tips for keeping things fresh
-Farm Newsletters to stay connected
We know life gets busy. You will get a reminder email before pickup day to make your life easier. If you can’t make it, simply send a family member, friend, or neighbour to collect your share. It also makes a great gift for your house-sitter or dog-walker if you’re going on vacation for a couple of weeks.
If your produce is not picked up on-time, we consider it a donation back to the farm and will simply eat or rehome your share (our farm mechanic always appreciates a bonus for his hard work). In order to keep your farmers sane, our harvest schedule on track, and your produce fresh, there are no exceptions.
We try to make it as easy as possible to help the planet.
You can use whatever bags, boxes, or containers you have lying around at home to transport your produce. Occasionally we will pre-bag or sort choice items (such as bags of arugula or tomato pints), but for the most part it’s bulk and freestyle.
We see everything from re-used clear produce bags to fabric grocery totes to clean laundry bins. We also have a few extra bags on hand for you to use if you accidentally forget. Whatever works for you.
We know that no one wants to waste food. If you’re a first time CSA member, it might take a few weeks to adjust to eating and cooking with what’s in season. So, even with your best intentions, there may be a few tomatoes that wind up in the compost. And that’s OK. It’s all part of learning to eat right from the farm.
For market-style pickups (offered in Squamish only), you can also pass on items that you still have in the fridge or won’t use.
We ask for half of your share to be paid when you sign up.
This reserves your spot (and we do have limited space) and gives us the confidence to invest in seed/supplies/wages/etc to grow for you. The full balance is due by July 1st.
Your share is 100% grown by us at our certified organic farm in Pemberton. Life is full of questions; your food shouldn’t be.